Hospice programs provide a variety of medical, social, spiritual and caregiving support services for patients near the end of life and for those who care for them. Most patients are able to remain at home with this support, and most services are currently covered by Medicare. Some have in-patient care as well as in-home care.
Three informative Websites about hospice programs and services are:
Hospice Foundation of America www.hospicefoundation.org
National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization: 800 658-8898, www.nhpco.org
Hotline for people seeking information about hospice care & referrals.
- In-home, in assisted living community of health care facility
- 70 Jackson Drive, Suite 200, Cranford NJ 07016
- (908) 931-9068, or 866-821-1212
- Web site: http://www.carealt.com
CHANDLER HALL HEALTH SERVICES HOSPICE PROGRAM
COMMUNITY HOSPICE OF GREENWOOD HOUSE
COMPASSIONATE CARE HOSPICE
- Inpatient: St Francis Medical Center, 601 Hamilton Ave., Trenton NJ 08629
- For intake or to make a referral: 800-844-4774
- Outpatient: 600 Highland Drive, Suite 624
Westampton, NJ 08060
- 800-844-4774 or (609) 267-1178
- Web site: www.cchnet.net
- The Renee Denmark Punia Community Hospice of Greenwood House helps families meet the challenges of end-of-life issues by providing support to both patients and their loved ones so they can concentrate on time spent together.
- For intake information: (609)883-6026
- Web site: http://www.greenwoodhouse.org/services-amenities/hospice-care
- 242 Old New Brunswick Rd, Suite 240, Piscataway NJ 08854
- (732) 562-8800
- Web site: www.odyshealth.com
PRINCETON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM / HOSPICE PROGRAM
SAMARITAN HOSPICE (in home only)
VNA HOMECARE OF MERCER COUNTY, COMMUNITY HOSPICE
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.